Call for Entries: Freedom Mov_e
The Freedom Project is an annual search of innovative ways to promote freedom in the Philippines.
This year, we shall feature movies that translate The Universal Declaration of Human Rights into timely narratives. Human rights have become even more abstract concepts. The stories captured on film will allow us to transform these intangible notions into something real, raising awareness and understanding of everyone’s rights as well as duties, transcending apathy and moving towards engagement.
Freedom Mov_E means employing digital technology to initiate action (Mov_E means electronic). It also tells us that we have to move if we want to secure our own and others' freedom and dignity.
UDHR in HD
The theme for the contest is The Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR). The films should focus on any of the 30 articles of the UDHR. Read the UDHR here: http://www.un.org/en/universal-declaration-human-rights/
- Open to all Filipino film/animation enthusiasts residing in the Philippines or abroad.
- A maximum of three entries are allowed per person/team but only one entry can win.
- Only entries which have not been featured in other local festivals and competitions are eligible to join.
- Videos submitted to this competition shall not have been, in any way, commercially exhibited in the Philippines and/or abroad. “Commercially exhibited” means any screening, or presentation intended for viewing by members of the general public, the audience thereof being required to pay or give valuable consideration, monetary or otherwise, in exchange for viewing the submitted entry. Any entry which has been shown in any regular, advance or preview screening for valuable consideration whether in movie theaters, television or other media or venue, shall be disqualified; provided: any non-revenue advance or preview screening for promotional purposes only shall not be disqualified as long as the creator/team shall submit a sworn statement attesting to the non-revenue and promotional nature of the said exhibition.
- In accordance to the copyright laws, music used in any entry must be original, licensed or in the public domain.
- All entries must be submitted on or before 13 August 2017.
- Three winners will be selected, and each will receive Php 15,000.
- The decision of the board of judges is final and irrevocable.
Content and Format
- Open to any film genre - animation, documentary, etc. Any narration, dialogue, or text should be either in Filipino or in English.
- Film/video should be at least two (2) minutes, and a maximum total time of four (4) minutes.
- Video quality should be 720p HD or 1080p Full HD.
Screening and Awarding
All works will be screened and winning entries shall be announced at the Freedom Mov_e Festival on September 2017.
ONLINE SUBMISSION OF ENTRIES:
- Fill-out the Online Entry Form below (notifications will be sent via SMS and e-mail. Make sure you indicate a valid email address and mobile number).
- Upload your entry to the link which will be provided by the Organizers.
- Organizers will send an SMS or email notification once entry has been received.
ONSITE SUBMISSION OF ENTRIES:
- Download and complete the Contest Application Form
- Submit completed form and entry (cd or usb) at the FNF Office, 9a.m to 6p.m (Mon-Thu), 9am to 4p.m (Friday). The office is located at the 4F La Fuerza Plaza 2, 2241 Sabio Street, Don Chino Roces Ave, Makati City.