Freedom Mov_E 2018
The Friedrich Naumann Foundation launched the #FreedomMov_E under the “It’s All About Freedom” campaign in 2017. The “It’s All About Freedom” campaign is a principal project of the Friedrich Naumann Foundation Philippines which explores different and innovative ways to promote freedom.
This year in line with its 70th anniversary, the Foundation aims to celebrate a historical milestone document in human rights: the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, which contains the universal fundamental rights of every individual, through a super short film contest which focus on the importance of the Right to Life, the Rights of a child, the Freedom of Speech, and the Freedom of the Press.
Celebrating [70 years of] Human Rights in HD!
The theme for the contest are the articles of The Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR) which focus on the Rights to Life and Rights of a Child. Read the UDHR here: http://www.un.org/en/universal-declaration-human-rights/
RULES AND ELIGIBILITY:
- Open to all Filipino film enthusiasts residing in the Philippines or abroad.
A. STUDENT CATEGORY
- Open to all high school, undergraduate, graduate students currently enrolled by October 2018.
B. OPEN CATEGORY
- Open to all professional and non-professional short filmmakers.
- A maximum of three entries are allowed per person/team but only one entry can win.
- Videos submitted to this competition shall not have been, in any way, commercially exhibited in the Philippines and/or abroad. “Commercially exhibited” means any screening, or presentation intended for viewing by members of the general public, the audience thereof being required to pay or give valuable consideration, monetary or otherwise, in exchange for viewing the submitted entry. Any entry which has been shown in any regular, advance or preview screening for valuable consideration whether in movie theaters, television or other media or venue, shall be disqualified; provided: any non-revenue advance or preview screening for promotional purposes only shall not be disqualified as long as the creator/team shall submit a sworn statement attesting to the non-revenue and promotional nature of the said exhibition.
- In accordance to the copyright laws, music used in any entry must be original, licensed or in the public domain.
- All entries must be submitted on or before 12 October 2018.
- One winner and two runners-up will be selected from each category.
- The decision of the board of judges is final and irrevocable.
Content and Format
- Open to short films of all film classifications including but not limited to animation, documentary, drama, experimental, hybrid work, etc.
- Any narration, dialogue, or text should be either in Filipino or any Philippine languages but must have English subtitles.
- The theme of the entries should revolve around the articles of the UDHR focusing on the Right to Life, the Rights of a child, the Freedom of Speech, and the Freedom of the Press.
- The general tone of the entries must be uplifting, inspirational, or any variation of those feelings.
- Film/video should be at least two (2) minutes, and a maximum total time of four (4) minutes.
- Video quality should be 720p HD or 1080p Full HD.
Selection of Finalists
5 entries will be selected from each category.
Screening and Awarding
Top Five (5) entries will be screened, and three (3) winning entries shall be announced at the Freedom Mov_e Festival on October 2018.
Open Category Grand Winner - Php 25,000
Runners up - Php 15,000 each
For the Student Category, Grand Winner - Php15,000
Runners up - Php 10,000 each
Special Awards with corresponding cash prizes shall also be given during the Film Festival.
Winning entries will also be published online at the FNF sites, and shall be screened during FNF events or human rights and democracy events sponsored by the Foundation.
ONLINE SUBMISSION OF ENTRIES:
- Duly completed application form (notifications will be sent via SMS and e-mail. Make sure you indicate a valid email address and mobile number).
- Logline of the narrative content submitted.
- Brief synopsis of the narrative content submitted (25 words max)
- For the student category, copy of the proponents’ school I.D/s.
- Upload your entry to the link which will be provided by the Organizers upon completion of the online form.
- Organizers will send an SMS or email notification once entry has been received.
ONSITE SUBMISSION OF ENTRIES:
All entries submitted onsite must be in an envelope properly labeled with the proponent name(s), category, film title, contact details.
- Download and complete the Application Form
- Submit completed form and entry (DVD or Data File Formats e.g Quicktime MOV, and MP4) at the FNF Office, 9a.m to 6p.m (Mon-Thu), 9am to 4p.m (Friday). The office is located at the 4F La Fuerza Plaza 2, 2241 Sabio Street, Don Chino Roces Ave, Makati City.