FreedomMov_E 2019 Mechanics
#FreedomMov_E under the "It's All About Freedom" campaign explores different and innovative ways in promoting freedom through digital technology and storytelling to include and reach a wider audience in the discussion of human rights.
This 2019, FreedomMov_E is #strongHER. On its third run, #strongHER aims to share inspiring stories of women thriving despite challenge, defying gender stereotypes and braving the status-quo
RULES AND ELIGIBILITY:
- Open to all Filipino film enthusiasts residing in the Philippines or abroad.
A. STUDENT CATEGORY
- Open to all high school, undergraduate, graduate students currently enrolled by October 2019.
B. OPEN CATEGORY
- Open to all professional and non-professional short filmmakers.
- A maximum of three entries are allowed per person/team but only one entry can win.
- Videos submitted to this competition shall not have been, in any way, commercially exhibited in the Philippines and/or abroad. “Commercially exhibited” means any screening, or presentation intended for viewing by members of the general public, the audience thereof being required to pay or give valuable consideration, monetary or otherwise, in exchange for viewing the submitted entry. Any entry which has been shown in any regular, advance or preview screening for valuable consideration whether in movie theaters, television or other media or venue, shall be disqualified; provided: any non-revenue advance or preview screening for promotional purposes only shall not be disqualified as long as the creator/team shall submit a sworn statement attesting to the non-revenue and promotional nature of the said exhibition.
- In accordance to the copyright laws, music used in any entry must be original, licensed or in the public domain.
- All entries must be submitted on or before 30 September 2019.
- One winner and two runners-up will be selected from each category.
- The decision of the board of judges is final and irrevocable.
Content and Format
FreedomMov_E2019 aims to celebrate women thus the general tone of the entries must be uplifting, inspirational, or any variation of those feelings.
Open to short films of all film classifications including but not limited to animation, documentary, drama, experimental, hybrid work, etc.
Any narration, dialogue, or text should be either in Filipino or any Philippine languages but must have English subtitles.
Video quality should be 720p HD or 1080p Full HD.
Screening and Awarding
Three (3) winning entries shall be announced at the Freedom Mov_e Festival on October 2019.
Open Category Grand Winner - Php 25,000
1st Runner up - Php 20,000
2nd Runner Up – Php 15,000
Student Category, Grand Winner – Php20,000
1st Runner up - Php 15,000 each
2nd Runner Up – Php 10,000
Special Awards with corresponding cash prizes shall also be given during the Film Festival.
Winning entries will also be published online at the FNF sites, and shall be screened during FNF events or human rights and democracy events sponsored by the Foundation.
ONLINE SUBMISSION OF ENTRIES:
- Duly completed application form (notifications will be sent via SMS and e-mail. Make sure you indicate a valid email address and mobile number).
- Brief synopsis of the narrative content submitted (25 words max)
- For the student category, copy of the proponents’ school I.D/s.
- Upload your entry to the link which will be provided by the Organizers upon completion of the online form.
ONSITE SUBMISSION OF ENTRIES:
All entries submitted onsite must be in an envelope properly labeled with the proponent name(s), category, film title, contact details.
- Download and complete the Application Form
- Submit completed form and entry (DVD or Data File Formats e.g Quicktime MOV, and MP4) at the FNF Office, 9a.m to 6p.m (Mon-Thu), 9am to 4p.m (Friday). The office is located at the 4F La Fuerza Plaza 2, 2241 Sabio Street, Don Chino Roces Ave, Makati City.